Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Poll

On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 14:06 +0100, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I would like to ask a few questions, if you can, try to answer. You can
> give several answers for each of the questions. There are more than 500
> subscribers, I would appreciate to receive at least 100 answers.
>
> 1) I'm using GnomeMeeting :
>
> 	a) Professionally
> 	b) For fun

b)

> 2) I think that GnomeMeeting :
> 	a) is unstable
> 	b) is stable
> 	c) is very stable

b) (haven't used enough for )

> 3) Regarding protocols :
> 	a) I'm happy with H.323
> 	b) I want SIP
> 	c) I don't care what protocol is used as long as it works

c) (with a restriction: has an open source implementation)

> 4) My major concern was :
> 	a) Firewall/NAT problems
> 	b) audio problems
> 	c) it was hard to use

My main concerns were:
- lack of easy setup
- problems when trying to do GM (Linux) NM (Windows)

This was sometimes a), b) and c) alltogether :)

> 5) Regarding Skype :
> 	a) I think Skype has a bright future
> 	b) I'm using Skype and GnomeMeeting
> 	c) I'm not using GnomeMeeting anymore now that there is Skype
> 	d) I think GnomeMeeting has no more interest now

b)
c) I am using more skype than gnomemeeting, mostly because the people I
talked to are using skype more and more, and couldn't be bothered with
NetMeeting + codec + firewall setup
e) I am far from being satisfied with skype on a technical point of
view. For me it didn't work more than once. And I believe that as VoIP
becomes mainstream, skype will die (at least in the form we know it),
because its current business model is to make money PC to phone calls.

Go GM.

Would you give some money to see GM improved?
a) No way
b) 10 -20$
c) 20-40$
d) over 40$

c) as a start if there was an easy way to do so.