RE: [GnomeMeeting-list] Audio delay compared to netmeeting.

No, sorry if I wasn't clear enough. It's not a reflection, it's the
delay I talk about.

More precisely, I have my FC3 box with Sennheiser headset, and a
Windows laptop with Logitech headset, both on LAN. When I connect
them, speak into the FC3 box mic and listen to the voice arriving
on the Windows machine, there's noticably more delay than the other
way round, i.e. 1 to 2 secs.

So, since Windows seems to perform so much better I investigated
the situation on Linux, suspecting that mic input is somehow delayed
already on driver/kernel level. As it turned out, there are actually
buffers involved, as you can try yourself with arecord | aplay and
different --buffer-size options (all this presumes you use Alsa).

Now, since optimization with respect to that buffer/delay is generally
possible, what I'm asking for is wether gm is already trying at it, if
anybody here has any experiences with this, and what screws I might
turn to minimize that delay, either on gm setting or source code level.