Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Running the Configuration Druid's "test aidio"

maillog: 07/04/2004-18:57:52(+1000): David Mills types
> I've tried 2 different headsets and I still get the same.
>
> I'll try upgrading and a third headset (in a week or so) and see.
>
> One other responder suggested dropping the Mic playback volume to 0.
>
> I tried a couple of mic volumes on AlsaMixer and none seemed to make a
> difference.

Or even if the volume is set properly, you may have accidentally set your sound
card to record not from the mic, but from other weird sources: Wave,
Headphones, or the one I haven't figured out -- AC97 (available on SB Live and
very likely to cause such a problem).

--
/\   Georgi Georgiev   /\ A year spent in artificial intelligence is   /\
\/    chutz gg3 net    \/ enough to make one believe in God.           \/