Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting 0.98.5 crash

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 08:33:40 +0200
Christian Strauf <strauf uni-muenster de> wrote:

> > I'm running undern Gentoo kernel 2.4.20 ... and use Gnomemeeting 0.98 without any problem and today I emerged gnomemeeting 0.98.5 and crashed at the first start.
> This sounds like my configuration.
>
> First of all, GM's ebuild is still masked and thus marked unstable
> (which does not mean that GM itself is unstable -- it rather means that
> the ebuild of GM or of one of its dependecies (which is most likely the
> case) is not yet deemed stable by the Gentoo guys). So you have
> obviously forced the install of GM.
>
> > Segmentation fault error
> > I tried a gnomemeeting-config-tool --clean but it didn't do the trick
> What you did was, you probably broke the installation of some libs. I
> would recommend issuing a "revdep-rebuild -p" to see if there are broken
> dependencies.

That's what I did but there isn't any broken dep.

 If so, just run the same command without "-p" and it will
> rebuild the broken apps and/or libs. Do this after un-installing the
> masked GM-ebuild. Re-install the stable version after revdep-rebuild is
> finished. (You can find revdep-rebuild in the gentoolkit (sp?).)
>
> If you really want to try the masked GM-version, make sure that you
> install all masked dependencies properly. And make also sure that those
> masked versions don't break the installation of other apps that depend
> on earlier versions of the masked dependencies!

  I re-emerged pwlib 1.5.2 , openh323 1.12.2 and GM 0.98.5 and that did the trick, it was a wrong dep version .

Antway, thanks .

Manu-BE