Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting 0.98.5 crash

> I'm running undern Gentoo kernel 2.4.20 ... and use Gnomemeeting 0.98 without any problem and today I emerged gnomemeeting 0.98.5 and crashed at the first start.
This sounds like my configuration.

First of all, GM's ebuild is still masked and thus marked unstable
(which does not mean that GM itself is unstable -- it rather means that
the ebuild of GM or of one of its dependecies (which is most likely the
case) is not yet deemed stable by the Gentoo guys). So you have
obviously forced the install of GM.

> Segmentation fault error
> I tried a gnomemeeting-config-tool --clean but it didn't do the trick
What you did was, you probably broke the installation of some libs. I
would recommend issuing a "revdep-rebuild -p" to see if there are broken
dependencies. If so, just run the same command without "-p" and it will
rebuild the broken apps and/or libs. Do this after un-installing the
masked GM-ebuild. Re-install the stable version after revdep-rebuild is
finished. (You can find revdep-rebuild in the gentoolkit (sp?).)

If you really want to try the masked GM-version, make sure that you
install all masked dependencies properly. And make also sure that those
masked versions don't break the installation of other apps that depend
on earlier versions of the masked dependencies!

HTH,
Christian

P.S.: Please fix your line-wrapping. TNX! :-)

--
JOIN - IP Version 6 in the WiN  Christian Strauf
A DFN project                   Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster