Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] USB webcams with microphones working under ALSA?

Le dim 21/09/2003 à 18:04, Stefan Bruens a écrit :

> > But the driver fails at the step 1 without I have been requesting any
> > size yet. That is the only driver having that problem and that is
> > recent.
>
> The reason is that pwlib is somewhat braindead again. pwlib sets the framesize
> to the maximum size supported by the driver (see video4linux.cxx) on
> videograbber instatiation, and then after setting the requested ColourFormat
> tries if the device can be set to the formerly selected framesize

You are absolutely right about this, but the driver shouldn't claim it
supports 640x480 if it doesn't.

> If you had used the ioctls, you had been right, but by the means of pwlib you
> are issuing two ioctls if you use SetColourFormatConverter.

Indeed, SetFrameSizeConverter is unfortunately called from
SetColourFormatConverter :/

--
Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>