Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] USB webcams with microphones working under ALSA?

Hi,

Le dim 21/09/2003 à 12:39, Chris Rankin a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have set my USB webcam to have a default frame size
> of 176x144 with 5 fps, because I cannot load the pwcx
> module. (I have symbol versioning enabled in my kernel
> and all my attemps to hack the pwc module around this
> so far have failed.)
>
> However, the messages I am getting in my kernel log
> imply that GM is still trying to open the camera in
> VGA mode:
>
> pwc Video mode VGA 5 fps is only supported with the
> decompressor module (pwcx).
>
> Xawtv is working fine. Changing the palette to RGB24
> from YUV420P didn't help, either.
>
> Does anyone have any other suggestions, please?

That is a bug in the driver, I've already mailed the author about that.
What happens is that :
- GnomeMeeting requests YUV420P
then
- GnomeMeeting requests QCIF size

But the driver fails at the step 1 without I have been requesting any
size yet. That is the only driver having that problem and that is
recent.

I could invert the ioctls but it could potentially break other drivers.
Check that if there is an option to the module to specify the default
size when opening.

However, I know nobody having problems with pwcx.