Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] USB webcams with microphones working under ALSA?

Hi,

I have set my USB webcam to have a default frame size
of 176x144 with 5 fps, because I cannot load the pwcx
module. (I have symbol versioning enabled in my kernel
and all my attemps to hack the pwc module around this
so far have failed.)

However, the messages I am getting in my kernel log
imply that GM is still trying to open the camera in
VGA mode:

pwc Video mode VGA 5 fps is only supported with the
decompressor module (pwcx).

Xawtv is working fine. Changing the palette to RGB24
from YUV420P didn't help, either.

Does anyone have any other suggestions, please?
Cheers,
Chris