Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Creative Webcam problems

Le mar 28/10/2003 à 11:22, Anne Wilson a écrit :

> > but the driver is working the same as root or as normal
> > user, only the permissions to access the device are different.
> > But if GnomeMeeting doesn't work because of permissions, other
> > programs shouldn't work either, except if they are SUID root and
> > that GnomeMeeting is not.
> >
> Which sounds like saying 'it can't be' when it actually is.  So - can

Exactly, if it is a permissions problem, no program will be able to use
the video device.

Notice I do not know devfs at all, I've never used it, but I doubt it
would give different level of permissions for different programs.

> you give me a definitive list of the files/directories to which I
> must have access if I'm to use GM as user?  I'm quite prepared to
> believe that I may have missed one, but I've carefully checked all
> that people have mentioned.

First check the SUID thing, that could explain a lot.
And GM will access the same devices as camstream anyway.

> Anne
//\     FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org
v_/_    H.323 phone:  callto://ils.seconix.com/dsandras seconix com