Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] I can not get pc to phone to work with quicknet card

Peter,
 I am intrigued.

Why does it report
> 18:41:32 Using Quicknet device Internet PhoneJACK-ISA /dev/phone0

yet you have a phonejack-pci card.??

Question.

Have a look in /proc/ixj
cat /proc/ixj | grep -i card

this will report all cards on your computer.
The type reported here is generated by the driver.

On my computer here, it reports:
Card Num 0
Card Type = Internet Linejack Country = US (1)
Card Num 1
Card Type = Internet PhoneJack TJ pci

==
 See - I have two card on my computer.
Now - you have just one card, and it will be a shorter report.

===============================

My concern is that there is a misconfiguration somewhere.
GnomeMeeting should be correctly reporting the card type you have.
It is possible this is a micro telco thing, however, I want more info.

So, Please report back: what does cat /proc/ixj | grep -i card report?

Oh - and have alook in the kernel log file - Are there any warning/error
messages about the ixj stuff ?

cat /var/log/messages | grep -i ixj

There are installation messages (version numbers etc - I don't care about
this)
 - warning messages are obviously warning/errors.

Derek.