Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GnomeMeeting crash

On Tuesday 04 Nov 2003 3:58 pm, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Le mar 04/11/2003 à 16:35, Anne Wilson a écrit :
> > I'm afraid it is worse than that, Damien.  I found that I had
> > lost all use of the usb hub, and indeed all usb directly
> > connected.  I strongly suspect that the pwcx module is not
> > compatible with the win4lin patch.
>
> Even if it is the case, it shouldn't break your hardware. I don't
> know exactly what the Win4lin patches are doing however.

It hasn't broken the hardware - just the ability to recognise them.
The same hardware is working without problems on the unpatched
kernel.

> > How can I get rid of this altogether in this kernel?  I'll use
> > the other one when I want to run GnomeMeeting, but I need the
> > Win4Lin from time to time.
>
> That's a question for Mandrake support, or perhaps any other
> Mandrake user here can help you.

Fair enough - I'll ask them.

> > If there is anything I can do to help you get information you
> > want/need for future use, please tell me, as well as how to solve
> > my pressing problem.  Thanks
>
> I think the problem is solved as it "seems" to work with the
> unpatched kernel, we have the proof that the problem was the
> patched kernel.

So it seems to me - at least you'll know to advise against running it
on a win4lin patched kernel.

> However, if you have problems with the unpatched
> kernel too, then recontact me.

Will do.

> Now for the Mandrake problem, I'm not the right person to help you.
> Just do the reverse steps of what you did to automatically insert
> pwcx.

I thought I had done that.  Never mind, though, I'll probably figure
it out with a bit of help from my friends :-) and if not, well it
will give me the excuse to load a later kernel and put win4lin on
that instead.

At least I know that I can run GnomeMeeting by booting to the other
kernel.  It's not ideal, but it's workable.  Thanks for your help.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302