Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GnomeMeeting crash

Le mar 04/11/2003 à 16:35, Anne Wilson a écrit :
> I'm afraid it is worse than that, Damien.  I found that I had lost all
> use of the usb hub, and indeed all usb directly connected.  I
> strongly suspect that the pwcx module is not compatible with the
> win4lin patch.

Even if it is the case, it shouldn't break your hardware. I don't know
exactly what the Win4lin patches are doing however.

> I have booted to an unpatched kernel, run a manual insmod and found
> that GnomeMeeting runs fine (and other usb equipment is recognised).
> However, I now can't get back into my Win4Lin patched kernel.  I took
> the insmod line out of modules.conf, but during bootup I am still
> seeing
>
> finding module dependencies:  depmod:  ***Unresolved symbols in
> /lib/modules/2.4.21-0.13mdk/misc/pwcx-2.4.20.o

Did Mandrake copy it elsewhere?

> At the point of probing for hardware the system freezes.
>
> How can I get rid of this altogether in this kernel?  I'll use the
> other one when I want to run GnomeMeeting, but I need the Win4Lin
> from time to time.

That's a question for Mandrake support, or perhaps any other Mandrake
user here can help you.

> If there is anything I can do to help you get information you
> want/need for future use, please tell me, as well as how to solve my
> pressing problem.  Thanks

I think the problem is solved as it "seems" to work with the unpatched
kernel, we have the proof that the problem was the patched kernel.
However, if you have problems with the unpatched kernel too, then
recontact me.

Now for the Mandrake problem, I'm not the right person to help you. Just
do the reverse steps of what you did to automatically insert pwcx.

--
 _	Damien Sandras
(o-