Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GnomeMeeting crash

On Tuesday 04 Nov 2003 12:23 pm, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Le mar 04/11/2003 à 13:14, Anne Wilson a écrit :
> > I tried to do just that, but couldn't get it to work properly, so
> > I rebooted.  Now I have lost /dev/v4l !  I'm going to urpme v4l
> > and reinstall it.  I'll let you know what happens.
>
> Just modprobe webcam modules and it should reappear. That is the
> Mandrake hardware detection tool that probably failed.

I'm afraid it is worse than that, Damien.  I found that I had lost all
use of the usb hub, and indeed all usb directly connected.  I
strongly suspect that the pwcx module is not compatible with the
win4lin patch.

I have booted to an unpatched kernel, run a manual insmod and found
that GnomeMeeting runs fine (and other usb equipment is recognised).
However, I now can't get back into my Win4Lin patched kernel.  I took
the insmod line out of modules.conf, but during bootup I am still
seeing

finding module dependencies:  depmod:  ***Unresolved symbols in
/lib/modules/2.4.21-0.13mdk/misc/pwcx-2.4.20.o

At the point of probing for hardware the system freezes.

How can I get rid of this altogether in this kernel?  I'll use the
other one when I want to run GnomeMeeting, but I need the Win4Lin
from time to time.

If there is anything I can do to help you get information you
want/need for future use, please tell me, as well as how to solve my
pressing problem.  Thanks

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302