Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] error while opening video device /dev/video0, channel 0

Damien Sandras wrote:

Mmh, that is the classical error message.
Some questions :
- does it work as root?
- does it work with other applications?
- are you sure the module is loaded?

Le jeu 08/05/2003 à 02:15, Tracy L. Smith a écrit :

Damien,

I tried to run it as root and as another user (thinking maybe some lock file had shown up) when this first happened, and again later after reboot and the same error message shows up. I was not aware that Gnomemeeting worked with other applications, so I haven't tried that route. As for the module, that may be the problem I have to deal with. It baffles me why Gnomemeeting would just stop working, without a reboot or any other OS changes. I reinstalled everything from Gnomemeeting to the camera driver, in the same way that I originally installed them, but to no avail, same error. I was curious whether such an error message could be caused by a driver problem. Some have suggested that it didn't sound like an error that would show up because of the driver, and that it had to do with my OS. I can't see how the OS could be involved, since all permissions are fine and it did work for a short while. I may have some module cleanup to do. I just thought I would throw it out into the forum to see if anyone else had heard of such a thing.
Thanks for your attention.
Sincerely,
Tracy