Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] no imcoming sound

Le ven 28/03/2003 à 04:06, Reed Lai a écrit :

> > The package I created for the GM site puts it in
> > /usr/local/etc/sound/events/
>
> I have fixed the problem manually. The gnomemeeting.soundlist is
> installed in /usr/local/etc/sound/events, I make a symbol link in
> /etc/sound/events, then the gnome-control-center can read it.

Perhaps recent dropline releases moved it.

> Now my GM can ring when incoming call. Still only an application
> can have sound at the same time... Is it the ALSA or Linux's
> nature, or my wrong configuration? ... Should I ask this question
> on ALSA's forum?

Some soundcards are able to play several sounds at the same time, but
most soundcard only accept one sound at a time and to be opened once.
The solution that KDE and GNOME found to the problem was to introduce a
sound daemon mixing the different sounds before sending them to the
soundcard. However, those sound daemons have proven to be unusable with
VOIP requiring real-time recording/playing.

So no, there is no solution to that problem currently.

> My gnome doesn't seem stable. The most oddness is that it often
> mess gnome applications' (e.g. gnomemeeting) font face when I run
> the sound preference of the gnome-control-center...
> (not everytime) the sound preference of the gnome-control-center.

When you run the gnome-control-center, it will trigger
gnome-settings-daemon and apply the font and the theme that were choosen
in the preferences. I wouldn't call that unstability. My GNOME at work
is running since 23 days without any problem :)

--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org