Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] no imcoming sound

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 10:32:31AM +0100, Fabrice Alphonso wrote:
> Le mer 26/03/2003 ? 03:40, Reed Lai a ?crit :
> > Seniors,
> hi,
> >
> > My GM has no incoming sound since I cannot find the gnomemeeting
> > segment in the gnome-control-center's sound preferences. The
> > "Sounds for events" and the "Enable sound server startup" are
> > already checked. The sounds for general operating have no
> > problem, but there is no gnomemeeting events for setting. I have
> > the gnomemeeting.wav in /usr/share/sounds/gnomemeeting, then how
> > do i use it for GM?
> this incoming sound seems to be a problem for several people..:/
> but...first, do you use gnome and is esd running? or do you use KDE and
> is artsd running?(that's the first case to which i think of for the
> sound not working). afaik, the incoming sound need to have esd running
> to work.

When I trying to run esd, the program told me the Esound sound
daemon already running... Since I use Window Maker as my desktop,
I am not so familiar with the Gnome environment. My system is

	ThinkPAD X24
	Slackware
	Linux kernel 2.4.20 installed by myself
	ALSA sound driver (intel8x0)
	Gnome environment installed by the dropline-installer
	GnomeMeeting 0.96.1

.. Why the GM sound events does not be registered in the sound
preference of the gnome-control-center?

> isn't the sound devive blocked by another sound application when the
> incoming sound should work?

Ah... this is my next question :) The GM audio will be blocked if
other audio application is working and vice versa. Is it my alsa
wrong configuration or something else I have to take?

> There are some way to follow to try to make it working.
> Hope this will help.

Please help me :)

> Fabrice

Thank you!