Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] no imcoming sound

On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 05:17:50AM -0600, Patrick Michaels wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 03:00, Damien Sandras wrote:

> > > I use the slackware package gnomemeeting-0.96.1-i386-1.tgz got
> > > from the GM website.
> >
> > You should have a file named gnomemeeting.soundlist in
> > /etc/sound/events/ or whatever other directory with sound events in
> > slackware. If that file is not present, then there is a bug in the
> > package you are using.
>
> The package I created for the GM site puts it in
> /usr/local/etc/sound/events/

I have fixed the problem manually. The gnomemeeting.soundlist is
installed in /usr/local/etc/sound/events, I make a symbol link in
/etc/sound/events, then the gnome-control-center can read it.

Now my GM can ring when incoming call. Still only an application
can have sound at the same time... Is it the ALSA or Linux's
nature, or my wrong configuration? ... Should I ask this question
on ALSA's forum?

My gnome doesn't seem stable. The most oddness is that it often
mess gnome applications' (e.g. gnomemeeting) font face when I run
the sound preference of the gnome-control-center...
(not everytime) the sound preference of the gnome-control-center.

--
Reed Lai