Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] 0.96.1 questions

El vie, 07 de 03 de 2003 a las 19:41, Marc Williams escribió:
> On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 12:24, Miguel Rodríguez wrote:
> > The same relation you see between the tray icon and the main
> > gnomemeeting window is the one that exists between the main gnomemeeting
> > window and the addressbook. If you open the addressbook you have to
> > options to unmap it from the screen.
> > a) Hit the 'X' button and close it
> > b) Minimize it
> > I use to go for a) when i do not plan to keep working with it, and b) if
> > I know i'll be needing it soon, but need some more space in my monitor.
> > With the main gnomemeeting window is the same:
> > a) You can hide it because you don't plan to work with it soon, and
> > don't won't to care about it, but want to keep getting calls (so the
> > icon tray)
> > b) You minimize it to gain some screen space but want to keep using it
> > (maybe placing a call), so you can remap the window with alt-tab or
> > easily with the window list (easier to click than the icon tray).
> >
> Ok, I can sort of see the alt-tab thing.  But I still think the
> distinction is subtle, at best.
>

> > All the purpose of the icon tray is to let gnomemeeting run without
> > disturbing you when not in use, so that you can still receive calls.
> > Believe me when i say that most users would find confusing the 'X'
> > button to quit gnomemeeting while the icon tray is visible.
> >
> Before this latest release and when the "X" used to really close
> Gnomemeeting, the only thing I found confusing was why the tray icon
> existed at all.

It exist so that you can receive calls while keeping the amount of
screen space occupied by GnomeMeeting to a minimum. (I prefer to have my
n emacs windows, terminals and so on in my window list than
GnomeMeeting).

> > Btw, if what you want is a fast why to quit gnomemeeting, ^Q quits, as
> > with all gnome apps.
>
> For me, the only time I ever use ^Q is when I have a misbehaving app
> that doesn't want to close any other way e.g. Gentoo file mngr sometimes
> behaving badly.  I don't think I ever said that I wanted to be able to
> quickly close an app.

Unless you configured your window manager to kill applications when you
press ^Q, it is the normal way of quitting applications. (At least as
normal as selecting Quit from the menu). In fact, a hanged app should
respond to ^Q.