Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] 0.96.1 questions

El vie, 07 de 03 de 2003 a las 18:14, Marc Williams escribió:
> On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 10:48, Miguel Rodríguez wrote:
> > El vie, 07 de 03 de 2003 a las 17:38, Marc Williams escribió:
> > > Oh well.  Just one more inconsistency, I guess.  I mean, this certainly
> > > isn't a showstopper.  Far from it.  But I think those KDE guys have a
> > > pretty good argument in this department.  It's a good thing that the
> > > Gnome apps are really great.  :-)
> > >
> > Inconsistent with?
> > Btw, last time I checked Gnome had no policy about this, althoughh
> > usability guys convinced me that this would indeed be more consistent.
> > The X button closes windows, not applications (if not try opening two
> > mozilla windows and close the app by clicking in _one_ window X button).
> > Furthermore, it makes easier to hide GnomeMeeting from your desktop
> > without actually closing it. After all, the icon in the Notification
> > Area is there just for this, to be able to receive calls while keeping
> > GM out of your workplace (window).
> > I don't know what KDE apps do about this, but most windows application
> > go the gaim/gnomemeeting way too.
>
> I'm not sure what point you were making about Mozilla.  I run 1.31b and
> I almost always have multiple Moz windows open.  When I hit the X on
> one, it quits that one.  All the rest stay open so I'm not sure what
> you're saying.

That the 'X' button just closes the window, not the application. Only
when you close the last mozilla window, the application quits. So 'X'
button closes window, not applications/processes.
> On my wife's Windows machine, the X button does indeed minimize ICQ.  I
> don't like that behavior there either.  It's the only app on that
> machine to behave that way.
There are more.

> And what would happen if I didn't have a Notification Area (I'm too
> chicken to get rid of it for fear that it would be difficult to get
> back)?  I'm of the opinion that if I want something minimized, I'll hit
> the minimize "_" instead of the close "X".

If you have no notification area GnomeMeeting quits. GnomeMeeting always
quits when it has no gui on your desktop. Easy ;)
You are confusing minimizing with hiding. You can only minimize the
GnomeMeeting window clicking on the '_' button. That makes GnomeMeeting
get listed in the window list as minimized. The 'X' button just closes
the window (or hides GnomeMeeting, as you prefer).