Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] usb headset problems

Damien Sandras wrote:

Hello Jon,

Le lun 16/06/2003 à 15:00, Jon Westgate a écrit :
Hi people,

[...]

seriously pitch shift the sound. I'm also guessing that something
opposite is happening the other way .

Yes, that could be the reason. However, the druid is using the same
frequency than what is used during calls.

So, did your problem happen with several people or only one? Did you try
different codecs?
I tried with only one person, but I could hear them fine with the internal sound card set as the output device.

My question is how can I fix this?  Does gnomemeeting have a fixed
frequency option to sort this out? Would running something like (Spit,

No.

hiss, booo) ESD fix this. Would ALSA do on the fly sample rate conversion?

Yes, I think ALSA is able to do that, but I'm not sure if it works with
OSS emulation too or only in native mode. You should really use ALSA
instead of OSS if it is not already the case.

If you are wondering why? I got this headset, its because the soundcard
in my laptop can't record from a microphone (due to a fault). I might
add that the headset works perfectly in windows with netmeeting, but I'm
trying not to find reasons to run windows on my laptop.

I think Linux still has to catch up with windows in the domain of audio.
ALSA is there to help doing it :)

Regards
Jon Westgate