Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] The Jitter buffer got it

Le jeu 05/06/2003 à 16:09, murugesan a écrit :
> Hello,
>      Thankx for Damien. I thought that jitter is a buffer to store all
> the packets. But now it seems that it is measure similar to time to
> live(TTL) (but not exactly the same). Am I correct :).

More or less. It is a buffer that stores audio packets for a given
amount of time before playing them to the speakers. As packets do not
necessarily arrive in the correct order, and as some of them can be
delayed (or lost), it is required or the voice would be scrambled if
packets were played directly.

I think you can find a more precise definition on google.com, but at
least I hope you got the general idea :)

--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org