[GnomeMeeting-list] Impossible to write data to this device?

Hi All,

Just subscribed to the list. I searched the mailing list archives & Google for a similar match to no avail.

I just bought this motherboard which has the nVidia chipset for video & audio. I loaded the 'i810_audio' driver and it seems to work fine. I can play MP3s, used 'record' to record, no problem. I presume the problem is the full-duplex as Gnomemeeting suggests.

The error I get from GM when I try to 'test audio' in the Configuration Druid is:

===
Cannot use the audio device

The selected audio device (/dev/sound/dsp) was successfully opened but it is impossible to write data to this device. Please check your audio setup
===

I have tried running Gnomemeeting as root, just to make sure it's not a permissions problem, but that didn't help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Gonzalo