Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] re: Running GnomeMeeting on Knoppix / how to make /dev/phone0

Le mar 01/07/2003 à 21:13, Paul Knopp a écrit :
> Q1. From: Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>
> Is there a way for you to install the nsdk and test
> things?
> A1. I could, as long as it does not require that the
> kernel-source is not installed.  Does nsdk require
> this?

I don't know about that one...

> Q2. Also, is it using the old ixj driver from the
> kernel or the new nixj one?
>
> A1. The old ixj driver, but it should work, as this is
> what I used when I installed this knoppix version to
> my hard drive.
>
> Probably NO chance I could copy a working /dev/phone0
> to the knoppix workstation, huh?

No, /dev/phone0 is just a special device. Try to see with cat /proc/ixj
what could be wrong. Also try GM as root. And finally check your kernel
log messages...

--
Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>