Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Asymmetrical GM<->GM problem - solved

Le dim 12/01/2003 à 22:44, Jeffrey Dever a écrit :
> Damien, you are the master.
>
> I had assumed that being on the DMZ made all those problems go away.
>  All I had to do for my router (D-Link  DI-704P) was to enable IP
> Translation, and disable Tunnelling as you suggested.  I am using
> dyndns, so I'll read those parts of the FAQ in more detail now.  Can I

If disabling Tunneling and Fast Start fixes the problem, then you don't
need to enable IP translation. (If it works that means that your router
supports H.323, but the old version of H.323 that Netmeeting is using.)

> just enter a dyndns.org hostname for the public IP of the router?

If disabling Tunneling and Fast Start doesn't fix your problem, then you
need to enable IP Translation but also forward a few ports to your
internal IP. You need to do both.
You can't enter a dyndns host in the IP translation field, because I
didn't find any efficient way to implement the DNS lookup. But if you
stay registered on ILS (and the next version of GnomeMeeting permits to
register to ILS while being invisible -but the callto url still works in
that case-), then the IP is automatically updated regularly to the right
IP.

> Gnomemeeting is a killer application for me that keeps me (and Eva) off

Thanks :)

> of windows.  Great work.  Any way I can flip you some cash?  You

Oh that is very kind of you :) Perhaps I will setup a Paypal account but
later. I'm coding for fun at the moment :)

> mentioned that you needed a new keyboard or somthing.  Do you have a

That was a joke from matti on IRC because I had typing mistake in the
topic, but again the PayPal proposition is very very kind of you.

Stay tuned for a new version of GnomeMeeting in the next 2 weeks! :)