[GnomeMeeting-list] Asymetrical GM<->GM problem

I am having a problem with gnomemeeting that I am unable to figure out. It seems irrational to me, and is not symmetric between two users, Jeff and Eva. Here is the situation:

Jeff can connect to Eva and Eva can connect to Jeff using hostnames and ILS.
When Eva connects to Jeff, Video is Jeff->Eva  and sound is Jeff->Eva
When Jeff connects to Eva, Video is Jeff<->Eva and sound is Jeff->Eva
Both Jeff and Eva have had full bidirectional video and sound to other GM users. Eva is directly connected to the internet via cable modem and has a live internet IP. Jeff is indirectly connected through a D-Link router with a 192.168 IP but has put his computer in the DMZ to eliminate any firewall issues.

Both users are using the GM 94.1 Mandrake 9 packages, Logitech quick cam 3000, onboard audio for the speakers (/dev/dsp and /dev/mixer) and the USB microphone in the camrea (/dev/dsp1 and /dev/mixer1). kmix shows a tab for the sound card Crystal Audio Controller (CS4232) and a tab for USB Audio Class Driver. rts and esd are not running, the audio module is loaded for the microphone and OSS cs4232 module is loaded for the sound card (both machines are identical hardware and software). Kernel is the stock mandrake 2.4.19 kernel.

# lsmod | grep sound
sound                  55732   0  [cs4232 ad1848 uart401]
soundcore               3780   0  [audio sound]

Jeff has had ALSA setup on his machine but there was no change in the audio problem when connecting to Eva, so went back to the OSS driver. I've been working on this for about 4 days, but do not understand this particular problem. I'm willing to privide a tightvnc and telnet connection to both computers if it will help troubleshoot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff Dever.