Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Yellowdog and ibot/firewire

Well i'd be willing to try anything but to jump right in I would need step by step instructions... I really don't know enough about linux yet, but if anybody wants to talk me through it let go:). I promise I will report when I get to actually doing it, though not sure when it will be yet:).

However this is already off-topic on this list. Gnomemeeting does not support the firewire code yet, and it all boils down to compiling pwlib with firewire support, and compiling openh323 using the pwlib in question. Probably compiling ohphone as well, since there is no other conferencing software that supports fireware cams at the moment, that I know of.

There is plenty of information on compiling PWLib at http://www.openh323.org/build.html

So go ahead, fetch the latest source of pwlib, openh323 and ohphone, from http://www.openh323.org/code.html#source read the documentation and start compiling :) You'll also need the library from http://sf.net/projects/libdc1394/ to use your webcam, but depending on your distribution there might be a package for it already.

Good luck, and if you have problems - post them to the openh323 mailing list, but of course - read the doc/faq/mailing lis archives first. If you have problems with the firewire in particular - it might help to read the src/ptlib/unix/video4dc1394.cxx file from the pwlib source - it has useful comments in the beginning.

My cam is made by Orange Micro http://www.orangemicro.com/ibot.html (not the pro model).
According to http://www.tele.ucl.ac.be/PEOPLE/DOUXCHAMPS/ieee1394/cameras/ your camera is supported.

--
/ Georgi Georgiev    (-<     / QOTD: "I've got one last thing   \