Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Yellowdog and ibot/firewire

Title: Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Yellowdog and ibot/firewire
Le jeu 09/01/2003 à 19:38, Ken a écrit :
> Hello all,
> I'm just wandering the lists to see if anybody has a setup similar to
> me. G4, yellowdog 2.4.19 and a sweet little ibot firewire cam, KDE.
>
> So first off, will the Gnomemeeting Redhat RPM's work for me?

1. Any i386 rpm will not work if you don't have such a cpu;
=> you may wish to compile things yourself;

2. I don't know if RedHat rpms work with YellowDog;
=> you may wish to avoid experimenting yourself;

3. The firewire is probably not compiled in the binary packages;
=> you _have_ to compile things yourself;

The firewire support is to be enabled in pwlib; openh323 and
gnomemeeting shouldn't need anything special. Hence you should compile
things in the following order:
- pwlib, with ./configure --the-right-option-to-compile-with-IEEE1394;
- openh323;
- gnomemeeting.
(after some cleaning of any previous pwlib/openh323 install, or you will
get segfaults)

Notice that it isn't sure it will support your particular device, but if
you could report, that will be good to know, be it a positive or
negative answer...
Snark on #gnomemeeting

Thanks for the speedy and informative reply!:). I'm a complete newbie so still a little reluctant... but it won't be long and I will report back as soon as i try it.
Would it be safest to go with the source packages:
gnomemeeting-0.94.1.tar.gz
pwlib_1.3.11.tar.gz
openh323_1.9.10.tar.gz
....?