Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] choppy audio with very bad echo

> From: Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>
> Sender: gnomemeeting-list-admin gnome org
> Date: 21 Feb 2003 17:00:35 +0100
>
> A quick test for you, what is the result of :
> cat /dev/dsp > /dev/dsp
>
> ?
> Does it work well?
> If so it might be a problem with the driver when recording/playing in
> full-duplex at 8kHz.

Sounds fine. The pitch is correct and the playback is delayed by
about 3 seconds. I hear what I said clearly and, after the three
second delay, the same things again, but at a low level. It behaves
exactly as I would expect.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)
E-mail: oberman es net			Phone: +1 510 486-8634