Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] gm 0.98.5 build problem (Debian)

fre, 19.12.2003 kl. 23.20 skrev Kilian Krause:
> Hi Herman,
>
> >  I won't mind.  You will provide some hand-holding, won't you? :-)
>
> sure.. just beyond a certain level we should take this to the
> gm-devel-list ;)

 You do have an IRC channel.

> > > We currently can only ship DC drivers, but we cannot test them, so you'd
> > > be welcome to try =)
> >
> >  iSight should be DC compliant, I think.  It is not a DV (AVC) camera.
>
> ok, that'd be great!

 But the version of Coriander in Sid does not detect iSight.
The changelog suggests that later versions do, though.

> > I installed from the CVS apt source, and now Gnomemeeting complains
> > about missing sound manager and gnomemeeting.server, and then quits.
>
> hmmm, ok, let's see:
> 1.) you added "deb http://snapshots.seconix.com/debian sid main" to
> sources.list and ran "apt-get update"
> 2.) you ran "apt-get install gnomemeeting-cvs libpt-plugins-oss
> libpt-plugins-alsa libpt-plugins-dc" ?

 No I did not.  Things went a little better with those installed.
But it does not detect the iSight.  Gscanbus shows that there is
an "Apple" device on the firewire, so it's alive and reachable.

--
 Herman