Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] D-Link webcam under Mdk 9.2

On dim, 2003-12-14 at 21:11, Alexandre Aractingi wrote:
> I have a D-Link webcam that I'd like to use with GM, after plugging it
> it is automatically discovered as a "generic camera", and the ov511
> driver is assigned.

I don't know if it's the right driver.

> The "test video" GM wizard reported a successful test, but it confuses
> the webcam with my Hauppauge TV card :-(. The "real" webcam should be at
> /dev/v4l/video1, but the GM config doesn't let me choose anything else
> besides "/dev/video0" or "image"...

It doesn't "confuse" it. There's a single video input device, you choose
it, it uses it. If there's no other choice, it's because the other video
input device doesn't exist.

> During the test, the /var/log/messages shows:
> ov511_core.c: No sensor is detected yet

See: the second doesn't exist.

> Do I have a driver/webcam problem here? (xawtv doesn't show anything
> either... what can I do?)

Yes, you have a driver problem:
1) try to check if ov511 is the right driver for your cam;
2) once you found the right driver, if it still doesn't work, search the
web for the driver's faq

Hope it helps,

Snark on #gnomemeeting