Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting connection to netmeeting

Damien Sandras wrote:

Le lun 08/12/2003 à 22:25, David Selby a écrit :
You gave me a clue. I am on a dial up 56K, setup as dial on demand. I did an experiment.
Started gnomemeeting several times with modem connected, all OK
Reset modem
Started gnomemeeting, modem dialed & connected - can't log on, then stuck for 20mins

Yes, that's normal.

Theory - isp allocates me a dynamic IP address on startup, seconix gets caught up in this & thinks I have changed IP address ?

You start gnomemeeting, register, change IP address, try to list... And
Seconix thinks you are not registered anymore or that you are an hacker
:)

I'll brush up on bash & put gnomemeeting in a wrapper which starts link if not already up.

Thanks for the tip
Dave

OK this is pitifully poor code ... but it does the job ... just in case anyone is interested ...

#!/bin/sh

# Wrapper around gnomemeeting to ensure modem has dialed BEFORE
# gnomemeeting is called ... avoids dynamic IP problem ...

message=' This is the Gnomemeeting wrapper script\n\n

I am now "pinging" 216.239.59.99 & waiting
for a settled IP address\n\n

I will then start Gnomemeeting\n'

# ping http://www.google.com & start link !
until ping -c 1 216.239.59.99 &> /dev/null; do
echo -e $message | fmt -sw 60 - | xmessage -fn 9x15 -buttons "Delete message now
" -timeout 30 -center -bg yellow -file - &
       sleep 30s

done
gnomemeeting