Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] video failure with ovfx2

Hi,
 I will quote from the FAQ:

 Once you have tested your driver compatibility using the GnomeMeeting
configuration druid, it is recommended to test the webcam again with
xawtv. If it works with xawtv, you know the driver implements SOME of the
v4l specification, but GnomeMeeting uses different v4l calls than xawtv,
for example, GnomeMeeting requests a different screen size, and image
format.

===============================

In my experience of writing the video (unix) sections of pwlib, I have
found many drivers that implement enough of the V4L spec to get video
on xawtv to work.

I wrote the video sections of pwlib agains the v4l spec. I have seen no
comment that explains where pwlib deviates from the v4l spec.
If you can show where pwlib does not follow the v4l spec, well done.
You will receive due credit for proving non compliance.

However, the sad fact is that the linux kernel is full of deviant drivers
that fail to follow the entire v4l spec.
To get pwlib to work against deviant drivers, hints have been aded to
pwlib. Have a look in
./pwlib/src/ptlib/unix/video4linux.cxx
to see how they work.

I suspect new hints will need to be added to make it work for your
camera/driver.

I am happy to add these to the openh323 CVS.
Just write them, send them to me offline (or online if you want) and I
will add them.

Derek.