Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] color format problems with QuickCam Zoom and PWC

Le lun 28/04/2003 à 17:46, Damien Sandras a écrit :
> Le lun 28/04/2003 à 17:42, John A. Sullivan III a écrit :
> > 	My apologies -- I seem to have muddied the waters with back to back
> > posts about separate issues.  I was working on two separate webcams.
> > The QuickCam Express is working fine with its driver.  The problem there
> > is GnomeMeeting constantly segment faults if I run it as an unprivileged
> > user.
>
> If I remember correctly, it was simply not starting. I told you to
> strace the process to determine what file is causing the problem.

Actually if it can help, on my Debian system I have an "audio" and a
"video" group. All my users who can access audio and video are members
of those groups. All audio and video devices have +rw permissions for
the owner and group and they all belong to the video or audio group
following it is an audio or video device.

The fact that it doesn't want to start with the wrong permissions is
nevertheless a bug in PWLib, but as I have no way to reproduce it here,
I can't fix it. If you have coding experience, perhaps you could try.

[...]
--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org