RE: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting and RedHat 9 Problems

On 15-Apr-2003 George wrote:
> I have installed a second hard drive in my machine with RedHat 9. Using
> Gnomemeeting with RedHat 9 doesn't work correctly with microtelco. It
> acts as if the ports on the router are not opened and forwarded. IE: The
> other party can hear me, but I cannot hear them. Also after using PC to
> Phone, gnomemeeting will not hang up or exit. I have to kill the
> process. This is the version .96.0 that comes with RedHat 9.
>
> I had to install the nixj drivers to get the quicknet card to be
> recognized. Other then that there have been no changes.
>
> Also, trying to compile gnomemeeting and pwlib on RH 9, they both
> complain that openSSL is not installed, yet it is, and is installed in
> the correct place.
>
> When I reboot back to 7.3/ximian, all works fine.
>
> Can anyone shed any light on what the problem may be and why trying to
> compile, it complains that openSSL is not installed?

were you dealing w/ the srpms from the RH9 release, or other sources ?

as a first step, I would recommend that you start w/ the virgin RH9 srpms -
these usually have the patches that RH has applied, which can be useful when
trying to use a newer source.

best rgds,

-Greg

   You can release software that's good, software that's inexpensive, or
   software that's available on time.  You can usually release software
   that has 2 of these 3 attributes -- but not all 3.
| Greg Hosler                                   hosler lugs org sg    |