Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting and RedHat 9 Problems

On 15-Apr-2003 derek indranet co nz wrote:
> George,
>  I grabbed redhat 9 last week, and loaded it onto a spare machine.

> I went back and read the docs on rh 9

> Conclusion:
>  a)Redhat have broken binary compatibility.

um. Red Hat's release number went from 8 to 9 - that by itself is sufficient to
let you know that there will be binary compatibility issues. (In such releases,
there is usually a work around, or backward compatible libraries which can be
installed, but the fact remains, as and when the major number of the release
changes, applications, and libraries usually need a recompilation, and possibly
some tweaking.

-Greg

   You can release software that's good, software that's inexpensive, or
   software that's available on time.  You can usually release software
   that has 2 of these 3 attributes -- but not all 3.
| Greg Hosler                                   hosler lugs org sg    |