Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Problems using Microtelco....

Krist,

   If you can provide me with your account number, the called number and
the time (GMT) of a call that failed, then I can look at our logs and
see what our system think happened to the call

  Please feel free to email this information directly to
csoutheren quicknet net

   Craig

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 14:40:06 +0100
Krist van Besien <krist vanbesien org> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I while ago I talked on this list about my problems using microtelco. I
> received the sugestion to first upgrade to the latest veriosn of
> gnomemeeting. I've done that. And afterwards managed to place a call, that
> lasted more than 2 minutes.
>
> I have not been able to place any calls since.
>
> The problem is that I only see symptoms, and do not have an idea of what might
> be the causes. Especially I do not know if one of the many problems I see
> (every day it seems to be something else) are due to my system, my firewall
> or Microtelco's servers... I'd like to know if other people are using
> Gnomemeeting with microtelco, and what their experiences are.
>
> My setup:
>
> - PC with Gentoo linux, gnomeetinge, openh323 etc all latest version.
> - "PhoneJack" card. Microtelco acount.
> - I have a cable internet connection. In between the world and my systems sit
> a Netgear MR314 router. This router has been configured to pass the following
> ports on to my system:
>
> 1720
> 5000-5003
> 30000-33000
>
> Incidently the FQA only mentions that ports 30000-30010 need to be forwarded,
> but netstat shows gnomemeeting listening for UDP packets at 32851 on my
> system...
>
> After compiling the latest version of genomeeting I was able to place a call.
> I have not been able to do this since. I have not rebooted eiher my system or
> the firewall since...
>
> My problem is dat I either have problems connecting to the microtelco
> gatekeeper, or that I get "remote party has cleared the call" errors...
>
> I am not getting very far. So far the Microtelco service has not been usefull
> to me. I'd like to hear how others have fared so far.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Krist
>
> --
> Krist van Besien                                krist vanbesien org
> Bern, Switzerland

 Craig Southeren,
 Managing Director, Equivalence Pty Ltd
 Director, MicroTelco Gateway, Quicknet Technologies, Inc.
 Voice: +1 415 864 5225 x 700    Fax:   +61 2 4367 3140
        +61 2 4365 4666          H.323: phone.craig.southeren.com
 ICQ:   #86852844                MSN: craig_southeren hotmail com
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quicknet's revolutionary MicroTelco Services offers
LOW WORLDWIDE RATES ANY TIME OF THE DAY with
No monthly fees! No monthly minimums! No connection fees!
US rates as low as 2.9 cents a minute! To see more rates,
visit www.microtelco.com

****LIVE VIDEO CONFERENCE NOW AVAILABLE*****
CUworld v6.0 is currently in beta.  CUworld is an affordable
easy-to-use service providing live visual communication
between friends, family and colleagues worldwide.
To try out the beta with no obligation visit,
http://beta.cuworld.com.