Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] PROBLEM WITH GM

Le jeu 10/04/2003 à 12:16, Sasa Ostrouska a écrit :

> > If GM 0.96.1 can not detect the soundcarcd, I'm sure that 0.94.1 won't
> > work either.
> >
> > Check that there is not an empty /dev/sound/ directory that could make
> > GM believe you are using Devfs when you are not.
> >

> You can be shure but I tell you that it is that. Here is my listing

Indeed, what I was saying is that GM 0.94.1 will start, but you won't
get any sound. 0.96.1 warns you of that.

> of the /dev/sound dir:
>
> [sasa rc-laptop sasa]$ ls -l /dev/sound/
> total 0
> lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           10 Nov 11 22:59 mixer ->
> /dev/mixer
> [sasa rc-laptop sasa]$

That directory makes no sense. Some users have reported it existed on
their system, but I wonder why.

You have 2 solutions :
- put a link in /dev/sound to your real soundcard in /dev like it is
done for the mixer
- rm -rf /dev/sound

> If I install the 0.96.1 I can not start it. It complains about the sound
> card.

Yes, because the /dev/sound directory indicates you are using devfs, but
you are not. The system is inconsistent.