Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Question about NAT

le ven 13-09-2002 à 01:32, Eduardo Perez Esteban a écrit :
> I have just another question about NAT (I swear I have read the FAQ and
> browsed the archives, but I have still not fully understod the answers).
>
> I live behind a DSL router, doing NAT, wich does not understand h323;

If the DSL router is not able to do H323, there is no way to make it
work.

> however, I can redirect any port I need. Supposing I redirected ports
> 1720, 30000-30010 and 5000-5004 to my machine, could I still use
> GnomeMeeting? Using h245-Tunneling, could I send / receive calls to

No. If the router is not able to do NAT on H.323 there is no way.

> orher GnomeMeeting users? Will they see / hear me and will I see / hear
> them? As NetMeeting does not support tunneling, could I still call them?
> Could I see / hear them? And could them see / hear me?
>
> I cannot change the router, it does not understand h323 and I cannot
> turn NAT off; I just need to know how far I can get with this setup.

No way. If you are sure that it doesn't understand H.323, there is no
way. But that is weird, most hardware routers support it. (If it
supports it, just "Accept" the ports you listed above, - no forwarding!
-, disable Tunneling and Fast Start, and forward port 1720 to your
machine. That should work. If not, do a search on Derek Smithies in the
ml, he has an interesting trick).