Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Question about NAT

On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 09:34, Damien Sandras wrote:
> le ven 13-09-2002 à 01:32, Eduardo Perez Esteban a écrit :
>
> [...]
>
> > I cannot change the router, it does not understand h323 and I cannot
> > turn NAT off; I just need to know how far I can get with this setup.
>
> No way. If you are sure that it doesn't understand H.323, there is no
> way. But that is weird, most hardware routers support it. (If it
> supports it, just "Accept" the ports you listed above, - no forwarding!
> -, disable Tunneling and Fast Start, and forward port 1720 to your
> machine. That should work. If not, do a search on Derek Smithies in the
> ml, he has an interesting trick).

Well, the router is an Efficient SpeedStream 5660; I have not been able
to find any reference to H.325 on any manual, so I suppose it does not
support such protocol. Has anybody succesfuly used this router?

If I could put the router in bridge mode, and do the NAT on an internal
server with two nic's, will it work then? I suppose it should work 'out
of the box' when using gnomemeeting from the server itself, isn't it?
And it would work from any machine in the network if I install SRIP on
that server, right?

Many thanks,
Edu.