Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gatekeeper

le lun 09-09-2002 à 21:16, Gregory Gee a écrit :

>   For users trying to call callto://ils.seconix.com/dsandras seconix com,
> will this only work if it is GM at both ends?

It will work if the user who is calling is using GnomeMeeting. I can't
confirm that it will work with an user using Netmeeting if the port for
the remote is different of 1720. But I guess that it should if MSFT
developers are coherent with themselves.

>   Forgive my stupid questions, I am new to this H323 and still trying to
> figure this out.  Throwing gnugk into this is getting confusing, but gnugk
> might be what I am looking for.  Does the gnugk proxy work like a www proxy?

Sort of, but remember that proxying is not its main purpose.

> Can I have 2 internal PCs call different people externally even though the
> internal IP address is private IP address space?

Yes.
If you configure the proxy like in the FAQ:
- your internal users will have to register to the Gatekeeper and will
be able to call unregistered users, but they will need to add a "@"
before the IP, for example, @myhost.com to call myhost.com, or the
gatekeeper will think that myhost.com is an user alias like d.sandras.
As URLs are of the form user hostname, you will have to give the @ so
that the gatekeeper knows myhost.com corresponds to @hostname and not to
user

- external users will be unable to call your internal users, except if
they register to your gatekeeper and use the correct alias.