Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gatekeeper

le dim 08-09-2002 à 16:46, Patrick Fromberg a écrit :
> Hi there,
>
> in the gnomemeeting FAQ I find the following text.
>
> "GnomeMeeting and Netmeeting users will have to register to the
> gatekeeper to be able to call you using your alias."
>
> Translated to mail this means:
>
> "set your smpt server to smtp.gnome.org and then send a mail to webmaster"
> instead of just mailing to webmaster smtp gnome org
>
> This sounds so ill, that I believe to have misunderstood something. In

I don't understand what you mean ?!

> the microsoft netmeeting FAQ is says, you can use blabla gatekeeper as
> callto url. I tried to call my gnomemeeting/gnugk combination with such
> an url from Netmeeting, but Netmeeting seems to think the gatekeepr is
> an ils server and thus reports an error. Registering to my gatekeeper

In all docs I found, the blabla gatekeeper thing is inexistant. To call
an alias, you have to first register to the gatekeeper, then use the
alias to call the person. I think that it is the logical way to behave
for a gatekeeper.

It is blabla gateway  Don't confuse gatekeeper/gateway and ILS servers,
those are different things with different purposes.

> and the calling the alias works though.

That's what the FAQ says, no?
A gatekeeper is not a gateway.

--
Damien Sandras

GnomeMeeting - H.323 Video-Conferencing application -
  web:	http://www.gnomemeeting.org/
FOSDEM 2002  - Free Software and Open Source Developers Meeting -
  web:	http://www.fosdem.org/