Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GnomeMeeting Audio Redirect

le dim 08-09-2002 à 15:32, Patrick Fromberg a écrit :

> Point one is, that a gatekeeper with proxy is the best way to overcome
> the firewall in this case. See www.gnugk.org.  This solution is also the
> easiest and osindependent, when it comes to installation. NAT and RSIP
> dont seem adecuate in my opinion, as they support only one single client
> for beeing called. I have tried gnugk and it worked for sound. I dont
> know yet, why the video didnt work, possibly not gnugks fault.
> Nevertheless, good enough for prof  of concept. I am still in
> experimatation phase.

I had it working with both audio and video.
The main problem is that users will have to register to your gatekeeper
to call you.

> Point two is, that modern Linux sondservers are network aware, but I am
> not sure, if this works in full duplex.  Gnomemeeting has the
> commandlineoption --espeaker=HOSTNAME:PORT for this purpose, but I dont
> know if it works and the help doesent tell which sound servers are
> supported, esd and arts I guess.

You can compile pwlib with ESD support and use that network feature but:
- ESD wants the same audio device for recording and playing: impossible
to use the internal mic of a webcam with it
- ESD is not of very good quality when it comes to record and play at
the same time, the audio quality will be bad
- ESD is very CPU intensive when you record and play at the same time