Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GnomeMeeting Audio Redirect

El dom, 08-09-2002 a las 15:32, Patrick Fromberg escribió:
> Shane Helms schrieb:
>
> >Hey Guys,
> >
> >I wonder if this feature is implemented within GnomeMeeting. I'd like to do
> >the following:
> >
> >Establish a call using GnomeMeeting (preferably using a command line version
> >of it) from a Unix machine (which I only have user access on) to a
> >destination through a PSTN gateway.
> >
> >But since I don't have physical access to the Unix machine, which I'm
> >running the GnomeMeeting on (to plug speakers and microphone into), I'd like
> >to redirect the audio to my own machine (which would be running another
> >GnomeMeeting). I suppose you can consider it as a conference thing.
> >
> >For the curious: I'm doing this, because I myself am behind a firewall, but
> >the Unix machine which i'm refering to isn't.
> >
> >So, is it possible or not ???
> >

> Point one is, that a gatekeeper with proxy is the best way to overcome
> the firewall in this case. See www.gnugk.org.  This solution is also the
> easiest and osindependent, when it comes to installation. NAT and RSIP
> dont seem adecuate in my opinion, as they support only one single client
> for beeing called. I have tried gnugk and it worked for sound. I dont
> know yet, why the video didnt work, possibly not gnugks fault.
> Nevertheless, good enough for prof  of concept. I am still in
> experimatation phase.
>
> Point two is, that modern Linux sondservers are network aware, but I am
> not sure, if this works in full duplex.  Gnomemeeting has the
> commandlineoption --espeaker=HOSTNAME:PORT for this purpose, but I dont
> know if it works and the help doesent tell which sound servers are
> supported, esd and arts I guess.

It's only for esd, but it's only used for the ring sound when you
receive a call.
For the sound in the conferences gnomemeeting uses whatever pwlib is
configured to use, usually OSS. I haven't tested it, but maybe you can
use a dsp wrapper (esddsp) and then send the sound over the network. But
I haven't tested this.