Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] How to install?

On 28 Oct 2002 00:45:30 +0100, Christian Rose <menthos menthos com> said:
> If you are not comfortable with compiling from source or downloading
> and installing packages by hand (which I agree is more difficult
> than most of us would want it to be), then I'd suggest that you use
> a GNU/Linux distribution that comes with GnomeMeeting installed or
> where GnomeMeeting can easily be installed afterwards with some
> mouse clicks.  I don't know much about SuSE, but I know that the
> latest versions of Red Hat and Mandrake comes with GnomeMeeting.

For what it's worth, SuSE 8.1 includes GnomeMeeting 0.93.

However I've had trouble with 0.94.1 both under SuSE 8.0 and under
SuSE 8.1 - on startup I get two alarm boxes saying "Cannot register
with ILS server" and "Cannot parse XML file" (roughly, I cannot test
from here).  These repeat periodically, and I cannot access the ILS
service (because I'm not registered myself).
--
Simon.