Re[2]: [GnomeMeeting-list] GnomeMeeting & Firewall

Hi Jeffrey,

JB> Since I have applied the newnat patch to the kernel on my firewall, do I
JB> need to rebuild a kerenl without the newnat patch and not use the
JB> ip_conntrack etc.. modules? Do I still need to enable the ports for
JB> communications through the FW or will GM-0.94 take care on the ports?

not neccessarily you'll need to build a new kernel.. if your newnat
module wasn't built into the kernel, but as a real module you just
need to stop your system from loading it..
further for the 0.94.1 release you're gonna need some firewall
forwarding rules for the gm-ports (tcp 1720, 30000-30010, udp 5000-5003)
to the machine your gm is on.. that should be enough (at least that's
what the theory tells ;))

about the debian package.. there will be debian packages.. as far as i
know woody is closed, i.e. it will just be kept up2date with security
patches.. so you will only see packages for sid and maybe sarge (if
they are accepted).. but anyway currently the libpt 1.3.10 won't build
with bison 1.5 (which is the debian version for sarge and sid).. so
unless this is fixed there won't be any debian package at all. :-\

(we'd love to see patches on this btw. ;))

--
Best regards,
 Kilian