Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GnomeMeeting & Firewall

Le jeu 17/10/2002 à 15:05, Seung-young Oh a écrit :
> Hello,
> I read;
>
> http://www.gnomemeeting.org/faq.php#AEN178
>
> and if I may be crystal clear as I use a firewall script that checks
> both incoming & outgoing activities instead of a configuration that just
> open or close ports,
> if I use Gnomemeeting, and want to call or be called by GnomeMeeting or
> NetMeeting users;
>
> *Incoming:
> 1720, 30000-30010 tcp & 5000-5003 udp ports should be open
>
> AND
>
> *Outgoing:
> 1720, 30000-30010 tcp & 5000-5003 udp ports shound be open, too.
>
> Am I correct? Of couse I realized that I should have my firewall script

You are right for incoming, but for outgoing, it is random as it depends
of the application on the remote end (ie, if it is netmeeting, the
remote ports will not be the same).

> open outgoing 389 tcp port as well if I want to be registered at
> ils.seconix.com when I start GnomeMeeting.

Yes.
Beware, if you are using NAT, and if you are running GnomeMeeting behind
a NAT router, you need to either install RSIP, Newnat (buggy) or a
gatekeeper, OR wait for GnomeMeeting 0.94 and forward the ports to the
given host.

> One more thing...
>
> http://www.gnomemeeting.org/faq.php#AEN263
>
> If I use GnomeMeeting and the other party uses Netmeeting, having
> him/her install MS-GSM is optional as long as we don't have audio
> problem, isn't it?

Yes. If the user didn't disable it, it will use the codec G.711 which is
of very good quality, but requires more bandwidth.