Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Help!! - ALSA crashes my Gnomemeeting

Ok, here's the latest on the Alsa drivers.

Sine the only way to use the FreshRPMs was to use the latest, 0.9.0rc5,
because they're the only ones that matched my kernel, Damien asked if I
would compile an older version since that wouldn't be kernel version
specific.  Just for the heck of it, and to make sure it wasn't just the
packaging done by Freshrpms, I compiled the latest version, rc5.
Likewise, the compiled version crashed my system shortly after a
connection was established.

So it was then on to rc3, the version that Damien asked me to compile
from the start.  Bingo.  It works without crashing.  So iguess that
would lead one to believe that there is a compatibility issue between RH
8, rc5, and Gnomemeeting.

So the summary answer for anyone running Red Hat 8 and who wants or
needs to use the Alsa driver - compile the older Alsa 0.9.0rc3.

Now to figure out a few weird things with my new audio...  But at least
it doesn't crash.