Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GnomeMeeting 0.92.1 rpms are available

All of the applications are not parallel installable. Some of them use
the same binary names. Most all of the libraries, however, are parallel
installable.

-- dobey

On Mon, 2002-05-27 at 09:24, Damien Sandras wrote:
    Le lun 27/05/2002 à 15:21, Adam Williams a écrit :
    > >> A new release of GnomeMeeting is available.
    > ><-snip->
    > >And I've made some new rpms for Red Hat 7.3 for people to try out.
    > >http://razor.hemmet.chalmers.se/gnomemeeting/
    > >I've updated the spec-file so now all missing files like locale, man and
    > >gnomemeeting-config-tool are now actually being included in the rpm.
    > >The only thing I still have to patch is the dependancy on 'gconftool' which
    > >on RH-systems aren't present. I'm attatching a patch that checks for
    > >gconftool-2 on a system in configure.in so you get an error message if it
    > >isn't installed at configure-time and not when you do a 'make install'.
    > >The rpm's depend on the Gnome-2.0 rpms so get the lastest from ximian, and
    > >don't forget the latest pwlib and openh323-rpms that you can get from the link
    > >above as well.
    >
    > Just a quick question.  If I red-carpet GNOME 2 from Ximian  (I am an
    > Express customer so that is the fastest way) does it install parrallel
    > to GNOME 1.4 or 'over top of'?  Some of the GNOME 2 apps are starting to
    > look real tasty but I use GNOME 1.4 as my desktop nine hours a day and
    > am a little leary of beta-ing my entire system.

    It will do a parallel install. Of course, I didn't test it, so be
    careful. but it will not be installed on top of the current Gnome.

    I don't know how they are doing for conflicting applications names (like
    gedit and gedit2).

    Perhaps dobey (in CC) can give us an answer.

    --
     _	Damien Sandras
    //\		web:  http://www.gnomemeeting.org/