Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Freezeup of GM0.85 in Mandrake 8.2

> > Am I right if I say that any V4L driver ought to decompress a video stream
> > before the app takes hold of it? This is, I believe, a limitation of pwlib
> that
> > expects a non-compressed video stream, to be compressed by the standard
> H.261
> > codec.
>
> No, I think in fact that you are wrong.
> Each video driver can support one or several Video Palettes for the
> encoding. PWlib supports them all. Compression is something related to
> OV511, I simply think that using compression with OV511 doesn't work
> with the video palette YUV420P requested by GnomeMeeting through pwlib
> and it doesn't return an error. That is why it gives a broken image.
>
> It seems to be a driver problem to me, not a pwlib bug.

I didnt't explain myself well enough, I guess. I know of the various colour
palettes, but let's say if you have a card capable of compressing video in
H.261 already, you can't get it through pwlib/openh323 without decompression at
the driver (into whatever colour palette you'd like) and re-compression in
openh323. Not a bug as such, just a design decision.

Guilhem.