Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Freezeup of GM0.85 in Mandrake 8.2

On Sat, 2002-03-30 at 19:26, Guilhem Tardy wrote:
> > with the above info all i could suggest is compile the Quickcam-driver under
> > MdK yourself and remove the MdK-own driver. If it doesn't work then, maybe
> > there's some other problem. But the video-drivers seem to be a little
> > problematic (we just had a ov511-driver that works without compression but
> > not with it)..
>
> Am I right if I say that any V4L driver ought to decompress a video stream
> before the app takes hold of it? This is, I believe, a limitation of pwlib that
> expects a non-compressed video stream, to be compressed by the standard H.261
> codec.

No, I think in fact that you are wrong.
Each video driver can support one or several Video Palettes for the
encoding. PWlib supports them all. Compression is something related to
OV511, I simply think that using compression with OV511 doesn't work
with the video palette YUV420P requested by GnomeMeeting through pwlib
and it doesn't return an error. That is why it gives a broken image.

It seems to be a driver problem to me, not a pwlib bug.